A. Late fetal loss
B. Early fetal loss
C. Antepartum stillbirth
D. Intrapartum stillbirth
E. Early neonatal death
F. Extended perinatal death
G. Perinatal death
H. Post-neonatal death
J. Late neonatal death From the following scenarios choose the most appropriate definition of various perinatal mortality rates from the list above.
Choose each option.Once, more than once or none at all.
1. A baby delivered at 24+0 weeks gestational age showing no signs of life,
2. Baby delivered at 37 weeks gestation but died after 35 days after birth due to meningitis
3. Baby born at 34weeks of gestation, died after 8 days of birth due to respiratory failure.
4. Baby delivered at 22 weeks 6 days with no signs of life.
A. Direct maternal death
B. Indirect maternal death
C. Early indirect maternal death
D. Donot full fill maternal mortality criteria
E. Early Direct maternal death
F. Late Direct maternal death
G. Late indirect maternal death
H. Accidental death/ co- incidental death
I. Not a maternal death
J. Late sudden death
5. A pregnant lady murdered by her husband at 24 weeks gestation?
6. H1NI infection woman died of sepsis at 5 weeks gestation
7. A lady was admitted at 16 weeks gestation underwent evacuation for missed abortion. Died after 2 days post mortem revealed Eisinmenger syndrome?
8. At 37 weeks gestation, a pregnant lady was admitted for induction of labour in view of Pre-eclampsia. On day 5 post natal there was shoot up blood pressure 200/110. She died 4 weeks post natal because of intracranial haemorrhage.
9. A well to do lady, lawyer by profession, delivered normally about 4 months from today. Yesterday she jumped from a bridge and died after reaching the hospital.
B. Ovarian Malignancies
E. Sepsis – genital tract sepsis
F. Sepsis- pneumonia
G. Cardiac disease
H. Neurological causes ( epilepsy, stroke)
I. Suicide under effect of alcohol
J. Accident on road
10. Most common cause of direct maternal death?
11. Second Most common cause of direct maternal death?
13. Most common cause of indirect maternal death?
14. Most common cause of maternal death?
16. Second Most common cause of maternal death?
17. Third Most common cause of maternal death
A. Indirect death
B. Avoidable death
C. Coroner’s death
D. Critical death
E. Coincidental death
F. Direct death
G. Early death
H. Fetal death
I. Fortuitous death
J. Late death
K. Unavoidable death
For each of the following clinical scenarios, choose the single most appropriate category of death according to the classification by WHO from the list of options above. Each option may be used once, more than once or not at all.
18. Lily is 34 years old para-1 had an uneventful delivery where the labour was augmented with oxytocin (Syntocinon), she suddenly collapses and has a cardiac arrest after delivery. Despite appropriate resuscitation, it is not possible to revive her. A post mortem examination records the cause of death as an amniotic fluid embolism.
19. A 25-year-old woman Nigerian is a poor attender at the antenatal clinic. Though she dint revealed but seems to have some problem at home. Four weeks after delivery, she is murdered by her ex-partner.
20. A 30-year-old woman with 32 weeks pregnancy, with epilepsy that is well controlled with lamotrigine is seen regularly in the antenatal clinic. She fails to follow advice regarding showering rather than bathing. She suffers a seizure while in the bath and drowns.
The following scenarios relate to classification of Maternal Death Pick the option that best answers the task in each scenario from the option list. Each option can be used once, more than once or not at all.
A. Direct death.
B. Indirect death.
C. Early maternal death.
D. Late maternal death.
E. Extra-late death.
F. Fortuitous death.
G. Coincidental death.
H. Accidental death.
J. Not a maternal death.
K. None of the above.
21. A 23 year old woman presented to A&E diagnosis of a ruptured ectopic pregnancy with hypovolemic shock at 10 weeks’ gestation. Resuscitation was not successful.
22. An obese primigravida at 10 weeks was admitted with abdominal pain. No cause was found and she was discharged. This happened several times. On her last re-admission, she was seen by a consultant and diagnosis of ruptured appendix, emergency appendicectomy was done but she died of ARDS and sepsis.
23. A 26 year old woman is known case of bipolar disorder . She dies from suicide at 10 weeks’ gestation
24. A 40 year old woman is 36 weeks’ pregnant . She has a past history of coronary artery disease for last 8 years . She dies of a coronary thrombosis
25. A woman has gestational trophoblastic disease, develops choriocarcinomas and dies from it 24months after the GTD was diagnosed and the uterus evacuated. What kind of death is it?