Option List :
B. Barrier Methods
C. Male condom with combined oral contraceptive pills.
E. Male condoms
F. Spermicidal foam
G. Tubal clip application
H. Progesterone only Pill.
J. Female condom
K. Combined contraceptive patch
M. Natural methods
N. EC with the pill
O. Combined oral contraception
P. Hysteroscopic sterilisation
For each description below,choose the single most appropriate and safe contraceptive from the above list of options.Each option may be used once, more than once or not at all
1. A 20 years old girl requests contraception.She has been sexually active for 1 year now & is in a new relationship for past 2 mths. She gives history of menorrhagia as well. What is the most appropriate option?
2. A 35 years old lady requests contraception.Her BMI is 40.She suffers from painful heavy periods.She is not interested in further childbearing. She smokes more than 10 cigarettes in a day. What is the most appropriate option?
3. 35 years old P2L2 previous both babies with LSCS, requests for permanent method of contraception. She was on the pills, got pregnant twice due to missing of pills. She had dysmenorrhoea with coil. But the partners are ready for the procedure. What is the most appropriate advice?
4. A 40 years old lady who is P5 requests contraception. She was using the oral combined pill but is now worried about the effects of hormones & requests a non-hormonal reliable long-term method.
5. A 20 years old gave birth to a baby girl 3 weeks ago. She is breast feeding the baby & requires contraception immediately. She doesn’t want any injections or other devices placed in her body.