0 of 30 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 30 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
1. A 25-year-old woman who is known to have beta thalssaemia trait is due to marry someone form the same ethnic background. Which of the following is correct?CorrectIncorrect
2.Upon attending an emergency buzzer call-out on the labour ward, you find a woman with cord prolapse. Which one of the following is a risk factor for umbilical cord prolapse?CorrectIncorrect
3. You are reviewing a 36-year-old woman who has undergone a surgical evacuation for a molar pregnancy. Which one of the following forms part of the FIGO scoring system for gestational trophoblastic disease (GTD)?CorrectIncorrect
- A 24-year-old woman presents with a mild fever, feeling unwell with joint pain. She is 36 weeks pregnant and diagnosed to have human parvovirus B19 infection. What is the rate of vertical transmission at this gestation?
- A 56-year-old postmenopausal woman is referred to clinic with a six-month history of bloating. Ultrasound reveals a 7 cm multilocular unilateral ovarian cyst with solid areas. There is no ascites. CA125 is 55. What is her RMI?
- You are asked to review the ultrasound results for a 42-year-old primigravida woman at 12 weeks gestation. The result suggests a high risk of trisomy 21. Which of the following is correct regarding the aetiology of trisomy 21?
- A 35-year-old woman presents with nonspecific abdominal pain; ultrasound scan showed a 5-mm echogenic focus polyp in the uterine cavity. Both ovaries appear normal. She has normal regular withdrawal bleeding with the combined oral contraceptive pill and tells you her pain has resolved with the pill. What would your management plan be?
- During investigation of lower urinary tract symptoms, videourodynamics would be preferred to conventional urodynamics in which of the following scenarios?
- You see an anxious 26-year-old primigravid woman in antenatal clinic. She asks you about the benefits of breastfeeding. Which of the following is correct?
10. A 35-year-old woman is diagnosed to have hypothalamic hypogonadism. She would like to conceive. What treatment would you administer to stimulate ovulation?CorrectIncorrect
11. A 36-year-old woman presents after being exposed to a five-year-old child who develops chickenpox. She cannot remember having chickenpox. Which of the following is correct?CorrectIncorrect
12.An emergency caesarean section was performed on a 25-year-old woman for worsening pre-eclampsia with failed induction of labour at 36 weeks gestation. Four hours after the caesarean section, her blood pressure was 180/95 mmHg, urine output around 15 ml/hour. What is your management plan?CorrectIncorrect
13. A 34-year-old woman in her second pregnancy presents with a one-day history of headache and vomiting at 24 weeks gestation. She describes the headache as being on the left side only, pulsating and severe in intensity. She is unable to perform her activities of daily living, as this aggravates the pain. Lying in a dark room limits the pain. All observation and examination are normal. What is the diagnosis?CorrectIncorrect
14.You are asked to review a 22-year-old woman in her first pregnancy because she has type 4 female genital mutilation. Which of the following does this include?CorrectIncorrect
15 .When counseling a recently postmenopausal woman with unpleasant vasomotor
symptoms wishing to take hormone replacement therapy (HRT), it is important to discuss
fully the risks and benefits of HRT. As part of the discussion she should be informed the
16. A 28-year-old hyperthyroid woman with a 6 cm left ovarian mass undergoes a left salpingo-oophorectomy. Following the operation, she experiences symptoms of hypothyroidism and consequently is recommended to stop her antithyroid medication. What type of ovarian tumour does she have?CorrectIncorrect
17.A 57-year-old woman who has had two children presents with the sensation of ‘something coming down’ with no urinary symptoms. She complains of chronic constipation. On examination, she has stage 2-3 posterior vaginal wall prolapse with no associated uterine descent. The anterior vaginal wall is well supported. What is the most appropriate treatment?CorrectIncorrect
18.A 24-year-old nulliparous woman presents with headaches and milky discharge from her breasts. She also complains of vomiting, for which she is taking medication. What is the most likely physiological cause?CorrectIncorrect
19.Which of the following has an association with endometrial cancer?CorrectIncorrect
20.You review a 65-year-old woman with known urinary urgency and prescribe oxybutynin. Which class of drug is this?CorrectIncorrect
21.You are pre-assessing a 49-year-old woman who is due to undergo a radical hysterectomy for endometrial carcinoma. On discussing the risk of fistulae formation, she asks you when this is likely to present clinically.CorrectIncorrect
22. You review the blood results of a 26-year-old woman being investigated for recurrent pregnancy loss. The results show a haemolytic anaemia, low C4 level, and neutrophil 2 x 109/L. What is the most likely diagnosis?CorrectIncorrect
23.You review a 17-year-old woman who requests emergency contraception after four episodes of unprotected sexual intercourse over the last five days. She is asthmatic, with an admission to ITU last year. Which method of contraception is the most appropriate to prescribe?CorrectIncorrect
24. A 34-year-old woman is being consented for a caesarean section for placenta praevia. She has had a previous caesarean section. What is her chance of emergency hysterectomy?CorrectIncorrect
25.A 40-year-old woman who has a 20 pack-year history of smoking and a BMI of 35 presents with menorrhagia and dysmenorrhea. What is the most appropriate form of medical management?CorrectIncorrect
26.You are preparing a presentation on malignancy in pregnancy. What is the most common malignancy associated with pregnancy?CorrectIncorrect
27.A 22-year-old woman presents with new-onset hirsutism. Her BMI is 19 and a pelvic ultrasound is normal. You note her testosterone level is 3 ng/ml, and her dehydroepiandrosterone sulphate level is also high. What is your diagnosis?CorrectIncorrect
28.A 37-year-old woman presents at 13 weeks gestation, concerned about the risk of trisomy She is keen to pursue an amniocentesis as soon as possible as she has been told it is more accurate than chorionic villus sampling. Which of the following is a risk if amniocentesis is done before 14 weeks of gestation?CorrectIncorrect
29.You review a 23-year-old woman with cystic fibrosis for pre-conceptual counseling. Which of the following is correct regarding pregnancy in women with cystic fibrosis?CorrectIncorrect
30. You are called by the midwife to review a woman who presents with constant lower abdominal pain and fresh bleeding at 35+5 weeks gestation in her second pregnancy. Which of the following risk factors is most predictive of placental abruption?CorrectIncorrect